Sunday, February 04, 2007

Updates on Life

Really, I have not meant to be so neglectful of this blog or my friendships with my readers. I thought I would return by giving you some updates on life and what I am learning. Not much has changed concerning daily life. I still go to the Monday - Friday job of "too many papers" at Covenant and try so hard to pay attention to the thousands of details this job requires. Still living in the little house but that will soon end so I can live closer to work. And I'm very excited about a trip back to the UK in 10 days time. I'l be visiting friends in London, Nairn, Dunfermline and Glasgow. I have all kinds of mixed feelings about the trip. I fear it might be a bit of an emotional roller coaster, which is to be expected. But mostly I expect that it will be an opportunity for me to take a deep breath and relish in the what I love most in life, ministering to people's souls. That is what Scotland was about for me and that is what I miss the most about it now.

That brings me to what I am learning. I have not been easily accepting of the Lord's discipline in my life this past year. It has been His desire to refine me to be holy through all kinds of trials and through giving me a time of rest. Just being content to rest has been so hard when I desperately want to return to full time ministry. Recently I was encouraged by a Andrew Murray quote given to me by a friend.

In time of trouble, say "First, he brought me here. It is by his will I am in this strait place; in that I will rest." Next, "He will keep me here is his love, and give me the grace in this trial to behave as his child." Then say, "He will make the trial a blessing, teaching me lessons he intends me to learn, and working in me the grace he means to bestow." And last, say, "In his good time he can bring me out again. How and when, he knows." Therefore, say, "I am here (1) by God's appointment, (2) in his keeping, (3) under his training, (4) for his time."

So even in this "job of too many papers" there are lessons, many lessons, to be learned. And I have faith that it won't be forever.......

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thinking about you and praying for you during this time. I wish I could have seen you at the wedding. I miss you, sweet friend. My prayers are with you. I wish my hugs could be too. Much love!

Anonymous said...

Hey Miss Christine!
Hope your trip goes well! Looking forward to hearing about it.

~Kristie