Thursday, June 15, 2006

What's next?

I'm still in Michigan at the missionary renewal program. After a fun weekend in Chicago visiting my friend Sasha this week has eased up a little in intensity. I feel like I've had a little holiday taking the opportunity in the afternoons to kayak or fish in the lake. I caught 2 "keepers" the other day. My mother said they could have been very expensive fish since I was taking my chance fishing without a license! First time I've done that - nobody tell Grandpa!

Tomorrow I fly back to Chattanooga. I feel like I'm starting life again. Not exactly so, but I am starting a new phase in life. Right now I only have short term plans to tell. I'll be living on Signal Mtn in the guest house of my friend Stacy. For the summer I plan to help Stacy with the kids and catch up with friends. I'll start looking for a job but I have no idea what I want to do. (I'd love suggestions!) I thought this would be a good time to take a little break from ministry while I reevaluate, recharge, and make some plans for the future. I had hoped to start at Covenant Seminary this next year but some other training opportunities have caught my eye and I want to take some time to ponder and figure out what is the best fit if I am going to continue in ministry.

I'll be writing soon from Chattanooga - home sweet home!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi Christine,
I really miss having you over here, although it sounds as if you are doing well and excited to be home and I am happy for you. I want to hear all about your past weeks and about these new!! plans for next year. It would be cool if we were in Chattanooga at the same time. I would love to call you once you are back in Chattanooga--please send your number. The UK isn't the same without you.
Love,
Mary