Sunday, October 01, 2006

Scare in the night

When I lived in Glasgow I was always hopeful to fall asleep on weekend nights before the pub traffic picked up on the streets. If I was fast asleep then I could probably sleep through the party that continued on Alexandra Parade after the pubs closed. Last night I was just sleep when I heard a noise that made me jump about five feet high! There was a Teh! Then Teh, Teh, Teh, Teh, Teh, Teh on my roof. Who knew that little acorns could make so much noise as they roll down the roof! Finally I fell back asleep only to be awakened 2 hours later by crashing thunder. I laid in bed and counted the seconds between the lightening and thunder (1 second = 1 mile, count 1 mississippi, 2 mississippi, 3....). It was three miles away. Don't think the lightening will hit my little mountain house. And then back to sleep I went.
Acorns and thunder. Quite a change from neds yelling in the street.

No comments: